Monday, February 20, 2012

My Reading History

For as long as I can remember me and reading did not fall under the same category. Therefore my reading history is not the best one. In my whole life I probably read two books.When I was growing up reading didn't play a big part in my household. So I really never read any books, or books was not no where in my agenda. I first notice my reading problem the fifth grade where I notice I would get nervous while reading out loud. I would start hesitating and then finally give up. After the fifth grade I really did not want to read out loud again, and to make matters worse I had to do a reading test in the sixth grade were I had to read out loud in the class. When I started middle school I was put in a reading class were my reading got a little better and I started to read other books. The last book I remember reading is called A Letter a Young Brother, by Hill Harper. This book was worth my time and effort to learn how to read with understanding about what I read. The next book I read recently was named Twenty-Three Minutes in Hell, which was quiet interesting, and this why I choose this class to become a better reader and to learn how to the best I can be. I also know that this class will help me in my English classes, because I am learning the meaning of different words and how to write a sentence without fewer errors.

1 comment:

  1. You read two interesting books. I want to know more about Twenty-Three Minutes in Hell. Sounds good! Which book did you select for your book review? I'm excited about your plan to read more thouroughly. "Reading without understanding is not reading at all". I can't remember who said that but it is true.

    ReplyDelete